With Champions Tour competition concluded in multiple regions, there's plenty of news that you might have missed this week. Here are some headlines from around the world, all bundled together in one place.
- Read more: August 20 recap
- / Valentin "bishop" Canepa has chosen to not renew his contract with BIG BIG Europe Rank #20 , leaving the team with three active members. He is the second player to not renew with the organization, with Alexander "alexRr" Frisch announcing that he would also not be renewing his contract with BIG late last month.
- Daniel "fRoD" Montaner has officially been named the head coach of the Pioneers Pioneers North America Rank #24 . He was not included in the team's announcement of their starting five, and has been coaching them since the team was known as FPL-C FPL-C Inactive , even going as far to assist the team members with being signed by the Pioneers, according to a report by George Geddes of Upcomer.
- / Ninjas In Pyjamas Ninjas In Pyjamas Europe Rank #18 player Charles "CREA" Beauvois has been benched after over a year with the organization, leaving the team with only four active players.
- / Movistar Riders Movistar Riders Europe Rank #33 have announced the addition of Fabián "Quick" Pereira to their roster for their matches in LVP Rising Series #3. Additionally, René "Rias" Pitrun has joined the team as a stand-in.
- TNL Esports TNL Esports Korea Rank #4 coach Cho "fAwn" Duck-keun (조덕근) has left the team and is looking for new opportunities as a coach and analyst. This announcement comes after TNL missed out on qualifying for Masters: Berlin after a semifinals loss to Vision Strikers.
- / Australs Australs Latin America South Rank #2 have said goodbye to Daniel "Closer" Ataco, marking the end of one of the original members of Australs' Valorant team.
- / 19esports 19esports Europe Rank #52 have announced a new roster consisting of Miguel "eXerZ" Marín, Jon "jonba" Baraiazarra, Álvaro "kyrrz" Reyes, Michal "EMENK" Belej, and Peter "shhhack" Belej. Over the past few weeks, the team has announced the departures of many of their former players. The new roster is set to play Fnatic in the Group D opening stage of LVP Rising Series #3 next week.
- / 9z Team 9z Team Latin America South Rank #3 have added Tomás "suther" Zurita and Diego "byrf" Cazanga to their team, filling in spots after the team parted ways with three members two weeks ago.
- / Former VIRTUOSO VIRTUOSO North America Rank #35 coach Martin "Anderzz" Schelasin has joined Fnatic Fnatic Europe Rank #6 as their strategic coach, becoming the team's second coach alongside Jacob "Mini" Harris.
- Case Esports Case Esports Europe Rank #67 have announced the signing of Morumbi Morumbi Inactive , a roster consisting of the former Cream Real Betis Cream Real Betis Inactive core, alongside Salvador "Yurii" Gasco and former OWL player for the Philadelphia Fusion Alberto "neptuNo" González.
- Shopify Rebellion Shopify Rebellion North America Rank #59 won the fourth edition of the Sakura Cup, only dropping one map the entire playoffs in their semifinals match against Gen.G Black Gen.G Black North America Rank #74 . With this win, they have surpassed Cloud9 White Cloud9 White North America Rank #48 in the Game Changers rankings, edging them out by a single point.
- Cloud9 Blue Cloud9 Blue North America Rank #4 took first place in the Nerd Street Gamers Summer Championship by defeating NRG Esports NRG Esports North America Rank #12 in the grand finals 3-1. The only maps they dropped in the playoffs were one map each against Evil Geniuses and the aforementioned NRG Esports.
Matches to Watch
- The final three matches of the Valorant Conquerors Championship playoffs are set to begin soon. Team Exploit Team Exploit Asia-Pacific Rank #17 and Velocity Gaming Velocity Gaming Asia-Pacific Rank #7 will clash in the upper finals, while Global Esports Global Esports Asia-Pacific Rank #9 await the outcome of the match in the lower final. The first place team will be guaranteed a spot in the APAC Last Chance qualifier for a chance to qualify for Valorant Champions, the last major event of the year.
- The group stages of LVP Rising Series #3 will begin this weekend, featuring top talent from around Europe. The first match will feature Acend Acend Europe Rank #3 taking on Angry Titans Angry Titans Europe Rank #74 . That match will be followed by SAW SAW Europe Rank #29 versus Team Queso Team Queso Europe Rank #44 .
- In Southeast Asia, six teams remain in the Game Changers SEA: FSL Open #6 playoffs. Currently, Alter Ego Celestè Alter Ego Celestè Asia-Pacific Rank #187 and Galaxy Racer Female Galaxy Racer Female Inactive are set to clash in the upper final, with the winner guaranteed at least nine circuit points. Prior to that match, two lower bracket matches will be played out. Oasis Gaming Aqua Oasis Gaming Aqua Inactive will take on Wildfire Sphinx Wildfire Sphinx Asia-Pacific Rank #0 , while Renatus White Renatus White Asia-Pacific Rank #0 will face off against Aricat.Aresta Aricat.Aresta Asia-Pacific Rank #0 .
- Former Sentinels Apex Legends player Nathan "retzi" Telen has announced that he is retiring from competitive Apex to pursue a career in Valorant. In the past, he has made appearances on T1 Academy T1 Academy Inactive as a stand-in during various tournaments, such as the CLG Blitz Cups, Nerd Street Gamers Open tournaments, and the Pulse Invitational.
- Riot Games have announced Riot Mobile, an upgraded version of League+. The app will include player profiles, cross-game and cross-region chat, and a conversation hub for users to search for friends and have conversations. The included Riot Games titles will include VALORANT alongside League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and Teamfight Tactics.