With Champions Tour competition concluding in multiple regions, there's plenty of news that you might have missed this week. Here are some headlines from around the world, all bundled together in one place.
- Read more: August 13 recap
- / Kamil "baddyG" Graniczka has joined HEET HEET Europe Rank #27 in place of Bence "DeadFox" Böröcz. DeadFox has been with the team since the beginning of the year, when the team was still known as need more DM need more DM Inactive .
- Rix.GG Thunder Rix.GG Thunder Inactive player Tom "otom" Hart has stepped back from the team to finish his university degree. This announcement leaves the roster with only four active players, as Richard "rCk" Kanerva has been inactive since mid May.
- NOTHING2LOSE NOTHING2LOSE Inactive have said goodbye to Megan "meg" Lai and acquired Elena "Ellie" Garland from Man I Love Fwogs. meg and NOTHING2LOSE parted ways due to "school and other personal reasons".
- With Ellie gone, the rest of Man I Love Fwogs Man I Love Fwogs North America Rank #0 have disbanded, with all players and staff members now in search of new opportunities.
- After being benched in late July, Zoe "Zoe" Servais has left TSM X TSM X North America Rank #0 . The team has been playing with Karnthida "dodonut" Chaisrakeo as their fifth, but have not confirmed her as an official member of the team. Recently, she was announced to be joining Just Breathe Just Breathe Inactive alongside Rachel "rushhh" Lynn Hang.
- After a disappointing finish in the challengers playoffs, REJECT REJECT Japan Rank #20 player Yuuma "Dep" Hisamoto has announced that he will be stepping back from competition. He has been with the team since May 2020, and was the first player REJECT signed when entering into the Valorant scene.
- Ilya "something" Petrov, the breakout star in Stage 3 Challengers 2 Japan and the Stage 3 Challengers playoffs, is no longer a part of Insomnia Insomnia Inactive and is now in search of a new team.
- Crazy Raccoon Crazy Raccoon Japan Rank #3 and ZETA DIVISION ZETA DIVISION Japan Rank #2 have secured their spots in Masters: Berlin as the two Japanese representatives. ZETA DIVISION took first place after being knocked into the lower bracket following a loss to NORTHEPTION NORTHEPTION Japan Rank #8 in the upper bracket semifinals. Their lower bracket run was flawless, and the team didn't drop a single map, even in their lower bracket finals rematch against NORTHEPTION. They eventually went on to face Crazy Raccoon, and took first place after a hard-fought five map series.
- Liberty Liberty Brazil Rank #4 have secured their spot as one of Brazil's representatives at Masters: Berlin after defeating FURIA FURIA Brazil Rank #2 in the upper bracket final. So far they've had a flawless run through the upper bracket, not dropping a single map to any of the team's they've encountered.
Matches to Watch
- Multiple lower bracket matches in the Brazil Challengers playoffs will be kicking off soon. Sharks Esports Sharks Esports Inactive and Team Vikings Team Vikings Inactive , the Brazilian representatives at Masters Reykjavik, both are facing elimination.
- Australs Australs Inactive and KRÜ Esports KRÜ Esports Latin America South Rank #1 are set to face off to determine who will be Latin America's sole representative at Masters: Berlin. In their previous encounter in the upper bracket final Australs defeated KRÜ in the winner's match to claim the first of two spots in the combined Latin America challengers playoffs.
- In Southeast Asia, Inactive and Paper Rex Paper Rex Asia-Pacific Rank #5 are set to clash in the upper finals. Whichever team comes out on top will be guaranteed one of the two region's spots at Masters: Berlin, while the other will await the results of the lower bracket to determine who they will face off against for the region's other spot in September.
- Envy Envy Inactive coach Michael "Mikes" Hockom has announced that he will not be in attendance with the team for Masters: Berlin, as his passport was not renewed in time for the upcoming international competition due to passport delays affecting the entire United States.
- Rise Rise Inactive have dropped out of the Nerd Street Gamers Summer Championship due to Kevin "POISED" Ngo incurring a wrist sprain. Rise forfeited their spot to allow POISED to recover and to prepare for the VCT LCQ.
- On the topic of the NSG Summer Championship, Emil "EmilShe1n" Mamedov has made a cameo on the Immortals Immortals Inactive roster in their opening matches in place of Rhett "Kehmicals" Lynch. EmilShe1n first announced the move on VK, and VLR.gg have been able to confirm that he is currently on trial for Immortals.