Hey, welcome to VLR! I'm your 4-star no-life host, and today I'm going to be showing you how you can be just as much of a degenerate as me!
VLR is very simple. You can start threads to reply to one. If you gain upfrags, that will help you gain stars. If you are downfragged enough, you will start losing stars. The more stars you gain, the more likely you haven't touched grass.
Before you start posting, there are a few things we need to do. First, you need to select your country. For this, you have a few options. Firstly, you could simply select the country that you reside in. This is the easiest option. If you want to cosplay as an edgy 12-year-old, set your flag to North Korea. Everyone will find this very funny! If you are not from any European country and you want to get stars easily, make sure to set your flag as any European country.
Flairs are the other thing that you can select. Like before, the easiest option is to select the team that you like. However, you may not want to do this. If you want to have stars, make sure to not put on a Sentinels or TSM flair, as everyone will hate on you. If you want to be able to post the most delusional takes possible without being downfragged, a Team Liquid flair will help you do just that. Also, if your team is doing poorly, make sure to bandwagon onto another team and pretend to like them.
Now that we have the basics out of the way, let's get to posting! When starting a thread, you will be met with three forum categories. "General Discussion" is supposed to be for all things Valorant. "Off Topic" is supposed to be for other things, however nobody uses this so you can post whatever off topic thread on General Discussion. Lastly, "Site Feedback" is feedback for enigma, the developer of this website.
Now if you want easy upgfrags, try some of the these tactics:
- Start a daily Shahzam hate thread
- Whenever Sentinels are mentioned, you can reply by saying "washed", "stream team", "overrated", "garbage", and other negative adjectives
- When TSM is mentioned, you can reply by saying "Tweet Some More", "Tweet Solo Mid", and other similar insults
- Saying that Hiko should be dropped
- Making fun of a Brazilian for no reason
- Making a laugh thread after a team loses (there are some exceptions to this)
There are also some things that you want to avoid doing, such as:
- Arguing with a Team Liquid fan. This will not go well for you. Trust me.
- Saying that you unironically like TenZ. WE HECKIN LOVE TENZ BatChest
- Liking Sentinels or TSM
Ratioing is a common phenomena observed on VLR. This can be an easy way to gain upfrags without contributing anything, but there are a few things to remember before doing so. Do not ever try to attempt to ratio a site admin or writer. Secondly, only try to ratio of you are the first or one of the first to comment, and especially don't try to ratio if someone has already tried to. Lastly, do not try to ratio a verified user. Oftentimes, if someone has failed a ratio, you can reply by saying "counter" or "counter-ratio". If someone's counter fails, you can reply by saying :counter denied". If you witness a successful ratio, make sure to reply with "assist" for free upfrags.
Copypastas are common, and there are too many to list here. You will find many as you traverse the vast threads of VLR, and you will learn which ones to spam at what time.
Lastly, there are some prolific users on this site that you should be aware of.
- Netero: One of the most active members of the site. Generally well-liked by the community, but also an absolute weeb.
- ShadowisBAD: You will see this user appear on most large threads. Everyone hates shadow as he is a Sentinels fan, and you will frequently see him being massively downfragged.
- CalypsoGHC: Another active user. Generally disliked by the community for being a TSM fan and having bad baits (but not as hated as shadow). Also has the record for the most downfragged comment.
- trembolonaRage: Arguably the most hated user on this site. He is known for being a Brazilian and his extremely delusional takes on mwzera.
- Noyn: One of the only well-liked Brazilians on the site. Well-known for his high-effort posts about the Brazilian scene.
- Delusional Fans: There are many of these, such as number1_ScreaM_fan and DELUSIONAL_POTTER_FAN
. However, the most known of these is DELUSIONAL_MITCH_FAN
. Find these users being absolutely delusional (shocking).
- HackNaija: How one man can be so delusional over Soniqs is a mystery.
- Issax28: A newer user who has made a name for themself by posting the most awful takes known to humankind.
- These are just some of the users you will meet here. There are many other great users to meet, and many more who will be unimaginably stupid.
That does it for your tour! I hope you find your stay at VLR just as miserable as mine!