how is their map pool looking?
one thing I have noticed is, every time they lose a match on international lan, they lose 2:1, never 2:0. and the last map is mostly never close.
- Berlin: vs Gambit 2-13, 13-7, 8-13
- Champs: vs Fnatic 10-13, 13-10, 6-13
- Champs: vs Cloud9 10-13, 13-9, 11-13 <- (won both pistols on breeze)
- Iceland: vs Optic 13-8, 11-13, 13-15(split) <-(5/6 of Optic's Split maps have been close/losses or ((13-11)+OT) including vs DRX)
- Iceland: vs Zeta 11-13, 13-10, 4-13(split again)
the conclusion i have come up with is that their map pool has been weak, (so far on international stage) and its mostly blowout losses exactly on the third map, the exception being VS Optic last stage even though Split was a weak map for Optic. So they basically need to strengthen their map pool for this LAN to have a chance at the trophy.
I ask again, do you think DRX has fixed their map pool, on most maps? (even tho they haven't dropped a map after Iceland) because if so, DRX can go ahead and win it all.